MarylandReporter.com is an online investigative newspaper that is an invaluable source of information about what is going on in Annapolis. They cover stories that the mainstream media don’t touch, and they dig deep to find accurate information. It’s published and edited by Len Lazarick, a longtime editor and commentator.
Here’s their mission statement:
MarylandReporter.com is a daily news website produced by journalists committed to making state government as open, transparent, accountable and responsive as possible – in deed, not just in promise. We believe the people who pay for this government are entitled to have their money spent in an efficient and effective way, and that they are entitled to keep as much of their hard-earned dollars as they possibly can. These taxpayers also expect their government:
- to aggressively protect public safety and public health;
- to act as the caregiver of last resort to care for the poor, the sick, the ignorant, the disabled, the abused and the victims of crime;
- to provide an adequate transportation infrastructure;
- to promote their state as a place that is business friendly and environmentally sound.
We believe that these goals should be pursued without waste, fraud or abuse and with approaches that do not automatically favor the government’s involvement, funding and growth.
- “I regularly find information that directly affects me on the Reporter that I do not see elsewhere. By summarizing articles in these and other papers, in addition to its own high quality reporting, the Reporter is filling a huge gap in the information flow in Maryland.”
—James Keat, retired editor, Baltimore Sun
- “Maryland Reporter is the first site I check every morning for Maryland political news. From the Roundup to in-depth features, Maryland Reporter is the best one-stop shop for followers of Maryland politics.”
—Mark Newgent, RedMaryland