I know I’m a couple of day’s late on any reporting on that incredible debate in Denver, but family duties called and I couldn’t get back to the computer for any length of time until now. So, you probably have seen it all—watched Chris Matthews meltdown and the late night comedians’ feeding frenzies, etc.
However, this is one of my favorite reports (one you might not have seen) on what happened to Obama on Wednesday. From the author of Hillbuzz—that’s he website that first broke the Hawaiian mansion story.
Some of blogger Kevin DuJan’s points are ones you surely observed, others I would never have thought of. I’ve only selected a few points because you need to go read his whole post!
Here are my Top Ten Things to Know About the Denver Debate Last Night:
10. Obama was injected with amphetamines or something before the debate and they wore off about 20 minutes in.
9. Obama was rumpled and sloppy and looked like he slept in a halfway house last night.
8. Obama smirked a lot, behaved like a bratty child at times, and when he wasn’t speaking stared down at the floor like he was thinking “What the heck am I even doing here?”
5. Without a TelePrompTer for a crutch (that he has depended on for four years) Obama could barely string two sentences together without rambling, looking out into the crowd lost, and seeming disoriented.
4. Obama’s hands were skeletal, his face was twitching, his eyes had deep dark circles around them, and he generally looked like death walking. [Why?—ed]
1. Romney succeeded in drawing a stark contrast between himself and Obama and offered voters a real choice that did not present Obama in a good light.
Hawaiian mansion here we come!